Eating well is great for your whole health as well as your knee health. This is because foods that are good for your heart and brain are also good for your muscles and joints.
Eating well is about what you eat and how you eat.
Eating well can be hard at times, but it does not need to be complex. It is best to learn what works for your health and what you can keep up longterm.There are many views and lots of advice about diet. But, eating and drinking is individual and personal. It is best to learn what works for you and what you can keep up long-term.
General tips for eating well:
- Take time to enjoy and think about your food.
- Make most of your meals at home to be in control of what you eat.
- Eat regular meals to keep your mind sharp and energy levels up (skipping meals is not helpful).
- Listen to your body to notice when you feel hungry or full.
- Eat plenty of different coloured vegetables and fruit.
- Include wholegrains each day (like wholegrain oats, wholegrain bread, brown rice).
- Include a protein-rich food at each meal (like lean meat, legumes, eggs, dairy).
- Choose food with healthy fats (like fish, nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil).
- Focus on what healthy foods you can add each day to improve what you eat, rather than what you need to cut out.
- Make plain water your drink of choice.